Sign up for Spinzilla starts on October 4th!
To be on our team you must register with us first, then we will give you information on how to register with TNNA (The National Needlearts Association). There is a $10 fee to join a team that TNNA donates to the NeedleArts Mentoring Program (NAMP) to provide supplies to youth groups who want to learn to knit or spin.
What is Spinzilla?
Spinzilla is an event designed to increase education and awareness of hand spinning. The 2014 goals are:
- To raise awareness about the joy of spinning yarn by hand, globally
- To empower spinners to spin more
- To give the business community a fun way to engage with spinners
- To fund educational programs for the spinners and weavers of tomorrow
Want to learn more? Check out the Spinzilla FAQ page.
What are the rules?
- Have fun
- Spin as much as you can
- Share encouragement with your team mates
- Take pictures of what you spin
- Measure how much you spin (we'll show you how!)
- Share what you have done with TNNA
Who can join?
There are only 25 seats on a team, so we hope that we can fill the team with people who are planning to attend The Knotty Ladies Yarn and Fiber Getaway Weekend. Seats will fill fast, so register today to join us for fun and prizes! But if you can't attend the event this year, don't let that stop you from registering! It would be a great way to be a part of the fun even if you have to miss being here in person!
Where can I get more information?
There is lots of information about the event, as well as pictures of past events on the Spinzilla Homepage. If you are looking for more information about our team, feel free to contact our team captain, Dorothea Pierce.
During the event we will be staying it touch through emails, a Facebook group, meetups (hopefully!) and finally a grand meet up at the Knotty Ladies event in Jonesborough at the end of the Spinzilla week.